Saturday 9 October 2010

Final Year Project III

And what would probably be the final installment of my final year project followup. This is an update to project idea. So I emailed Alexandar Bolotov late on Thursday 7th Oct 2010 at probably about 12:25am to confirm to him that I will be following his advice and be doing a game engine for Chess. So basically I requested Alexandar to be my supervisor for the project and to complete that process I had to get his signature on a form which had the last day of submission as 8th Oct 2010. He prompty replied back at about 7:30am (which is way better than some other lecturers) saying that he will not be in office on the 8th but he does agree in being my supervisor. At this point needless to say I did start freaking out because it was the last day for the form submission, my sister was coming back to London and I would finally get to spend some time with her and I had to sort out my final year fees...

Although since I was reading on my phone I scrolled slightly down to read the rest of the message after having freaked out that is. He went on to say that I should put his name down and leave his signature blank and he will sort it out with the campus office and stuff. I truely can not thank him enough for not giving me a hard time about the whole situation.

OK one down and two major things to do... So at about 9:00 am I got out of the house (trying to avoid rush hour :)) and got into London at about 10:10am and headed directly towards the university's international students' office. This was because I did my foundation year at this university which meant that I am entitled to getting a refund of my foundation year fees. This would therefore mean that instead of paying £10,000 for this year I would have to pay less than that (which made me a very happy bunny). On my way I ran into Peter and I do recommend that you guys check out his website by clicking on this link. Peter came with me to the international office and they told me to talk to the finance office. Cutting a long story short I am eligible and I am now a very happy bunny :P.

And finally the part of the day that I was actually looking forward to I headed to Victoria station to pick my sister up :) (btw this is her blog so check it out for a small break :)). She was in the UK for about 10 days for an education conference from work and was just getting back from Brighton. So the plan was that she would spend the rest of the day with me and we would watch movies the whole night and she would be leaving for Kenya the next day in the morning.

So basically spent some time with her and she knocked out while watching the movie... lol... she was pretty tired in her defence. And on Saturday I had to see her off :( so pretty sad about that... But enjoyed the time with her :D.

No comments: